I first want to apologize to everyone for taking so long to forward this wonderful award. I was nominated for this award on November 18, 2011 by PoeticJourney251. I vaguely remember, during my visits to the emergency room, coupled with my Sinusitis and my first attempt at NaNoWriMo, receiving a comment from someone saying that I received an award. I thought it was a joke. I thought that there’s no way someone would award me for a blog that I just started and couldn’t get a hold of. I had so much I wanted to write about, so much my heart held inside that needed to be let out. I ended up creating numerous blogs for each subject. When I started feeling better, I went back into my comments and read each one of them, visiting their websites and posts. When I came across PoeticJourney251′s site, I was touched by her struggles. It made me feel that I was not alone and there was someone else out there that had the same passion to write and the same love for God as I did. Eventually, after a few days of reading her posts, I came across her award page. In the Versatile Blogger post, I saw my main website listed. I was shocked! Could this be true? Can someone like this woman take the time out of her very important life to read my blog? I looked up the word Versatile and here’s what I found:
- Changing or fluctuating readily
- Embracing a variety of subjects, fields, or skills; also: turning with ease from one thing to another
- Capable of turning forward of backward, capable of moving laterally or up and down
- Having many uses or applications
Wow. I felt so bad when I realized that someone thought of me as a Versatile blogger, and I didn’t respond to this award by following the rules. I am so sorry. I don’t want anyone to think that I don’t want the award or I think the award is meaningless. On the contrary; When I go to other blogs and see all these widgets on their page filled with awards, I would always wonder if I would ever get one of those. Come to find out, I had already received one without even realizing it!
So, before I continue, let me list the rules of this award:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post.
Here are seven random things about myself:
- I am a Disciple of Jesus Christ
- I’ve been to Romania, Germany, and Ecuador
- I love children
- My favorite color is blue
- I can eat Chinese food for hours…non stop, as long as I have a microwave to continuously heat it up
- I am Mixed (Italian and Puerto Rican)
- I grew up in the middle of Mafia territory.
Now, for the fifteen truly awesome and versatile bloggers I would like to nominate for this award:
- http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/ - Robert A. Hall
- http://juliecatherinevigna.wordpress.com/ - Julie Catherine
- http://h3sean.com/ - Sean Si
- http://slymarketing.com/category/blogging - Jens P. Berget
- http://ericalaganfanclub.wordpress.com/ - Eric Alagan
- http://unfamiliarpassage.wordpress.com/ - Scott Mitchell
- http://zencherry.wordpress.com/ - Maureen Hovermale
- http://authorkevinlewis.com/ - Kevin Lewis
- http://www.buffalozphotographytraining.com/p/about-me.html - Brian Johnson
- http://www.worldliterarycafe.com/content/faqs-melissa - Melissa Foster
- http://www.neptunebutterfly.com/blog/ - Jen Miller
- http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/ - Alex Horton, Kate Hoit, Gary Hicks
- http://www.theveteransblog.org/blog/tag/disabled-veterans/ - Disability Law Firm of LaVan & Neidenberg
- http://blog.lettersandlight.org/ - Chris Angotti, Chris Baty, Grant Faulkner
- http://surlymuse.com/ - Daniel Swensen
Thank you all. Each one of you, whether you know it or not, has helped me in the last few months. Your blogs are an inspiration to me to continue my writing and my reading. I pray for each of you and hope you continue on your journey with God in the forefront.
‘Til Next Time…